Located high up in the stunning beautiful Amatola Mountains, the hamlet of Hogsback is reminiscent of a bygone era, where life is slow and tranquil and one can enjoy the beauty of nature at its best.
Feed your soul at Laragh-on-Hogsback where nature is timeless and infinite. Relax on your covered patio; listen to the sounds of the forest around you – birdsongs in the morning, the chirping of insects in the evening. Enjoy the stupendous full moon rising over the three Hogs or get-up early and watch the glorious sunrises. Gaze at Tor Doone in anticipation of your walks to the several waterfalls set amongst one of the few sub-tropical mountain forests left in South Africa.
Breathe in the crisp clear mountain air, revel in the winter cold and snow (weather permitting) and then curl up in front of a roaring fireplace, and enjoy the warmth and comfort of your cottage.
Laragh-on-Hogsback, (Laragh pronounced LAR a) named after our ancestral farm in Ireland, is a Gaelic word meaning “this or the place”. The Celtic knot in the logo signifies the joining of man and nature especially with the tree as the fountain of life. The essence of the ambience we have recreated here.
Newly built (2013/4) Laragh-on-Hogsback is set in a country garden filled with both indigenous and exotic trees. Enjoy the sight, sounds and smells of our many yellowwoods, beeches, oaks, liquid ambers, spanish chestnuts, magnolias and silver birches.
We are close enough (1 km) to the “village CBD” with its pubs and restaurants but far enough away to enjoy the peace of nature. Our upmarket luxury cottages are fully kitted with all the mod cons but still retain the rustic charm and warmth of natural wood flooring and high-pitched ceilings.
Laragh on Hogsback offers 3 upmarket cottages in a beautiful garden setting. These self-catering units consist of three cottages (Yellowwood, Copper Beech and Magnolia) under a single roof. Each cottage is self-contained with separate entrances and entertainment decks designed to ensure your privacy and comfort, and sleeps a maximum of 4 guests in 2 bedrooms.
- Two bedrooms – main bedroom downstairs and a loft bedroom upstairs
- Queen size bed in all main bedrooms, 2 single beds in the loft bedroom except Copper Beech which has a queen size bed
- Electric blankets on all beds – all linen & towels provided
- Closed combustion wood burning fireplaces
- First basket of firewood supplied, thereafter a small charge per basket
- 40” flat screen TV’s with DSTV – Mnet, all movie & sports channels
- Fully equipped kitchens with large fridge/freezer, microwave oven, 4-plate gas hob and under-counter oven
- Wide range of crockery, cutlery, and kitchen utensils
- Complimentary coffee, tea, milk, sugar and homemade rusks
- Wall heaters in bathrooms
- Bathroom with walk-in showers and rain shower rose except Magnolia which has a bath with shower
- Double volume, open-plan living area leading to a private covered deck
- Weber braai, patio table and chairs
- In-room Safe
- Hair Dryer
R850 to R1400 pp depending on peak season and long/special weekends.
If you would like to make a booking inquiry at this establishment,
- Send an email to Laragh on Hogsback, for more information.
- You can also contact the host, Jenny, directly by phone or WhatsApp
Tel: 0 82 781 0470
Follow Corrieghlas via Social Media
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.