Hobbiton is an Outdoor Education Centre in Hogsback. We offer adventure camps to schools, churches, corporate groups and sponsored camps for disadvantaged children. Schools, churches, families and corporate groups can book for our courses in Leadership Development, Environmental Education, Team Building and Personal Development. Hobbiton also provides every opportunity to experience the very best of Hogsback and the surrounding areas and sport a world class adventure centre. The costs for standard bookings include instructors for all of the activities, safety equipment and facilitation.
Our activities include:
- Abseiling from our 7m or 9m training towers.
- Ballistics (Pellet gun, Blow pipes, Catapult)
- Camping (Only if arranged beforehand)
- Canoeing (Flat water) (Only if arranged beforehand)
- Climbing Wall Lateral
- Climbing Wall Vertical (9 m)
- Climbing Wall Overhang (9 m)
- Compass Course
- Evening activities in the Recreation Hall
- Games during Free Time (Volley Ball; Soccer; Rugby; etc.)
- Group Dynamics
- Jacob’s Ladder (9 m)
- King Swing
- Log Challenge
- Night Hikes
- Orienteering Courses
- Paintball based challenges (Only if arranged beforehand: Conditions apply)
- Pony Trails (Only if arranged beforehand: Conditions apply)
- Rafting Building (Flat water)
- Ropes Course Low (< meter above ground)
- Ropes Course Middle (+/ – 1.5 m above ground) especially designed for Team Building
- Ropes Course High (10 m) especially designed for Personal Development
- Trapeze (7 m above ground level)
- 100 m Zip Wire
Hobbiton provide beds, some bedding and a well equipped kitchens. Corporate Camp bookings can choose the luxury option, involving accommodation and food at one of the hotels in Hogsback and activities at Hobbiton, or the cheaper and more basic accommodation and food option offered at Hobbiton itself.
Accommodation is in dormitories with separate rooms for the teachers / supervisors. Hobbiton has 3 dormitories, each accommodating about 50 people. It also can accommodate another 150 people if they are prepared to sleep on mattresses on the floor.
Hobbiton does not encourage mixed gender sleeping quarters. Each bed has a mattress, a pillow and one blanket. Extra bedding can brought with or hired if previously arranged.
- Sleeps 48 Includes: Room Only
This dormitory sleeps a total of 48 guests. There are three teachers’/facilitators’ rooms with two private bathrooms, each sleeping two guests. The dormitory has double bunk beds and its own communal bathroom.
- Shared bathroom, Bunk beds, Garden views, No Smoking in Rooms
Round Table Dormitory
- Sleeps 62 Includes: Room Only
- This dormitory sleeps a total of 62 guests. There are two teachers’/facilitators’ rooms with two private bathrooms, each sleeping two guests. The dormitory is equipped with double bunk beds and has its own communal bathroom.
- Sleeps 50 Room Only
- This dormitory sleeps a total of 50 guests. There are two teachers’/facilitators’ rooms with two private bathrooms, one sleeps two guests and the other sleeps four guests. The dormitory has double bunk beds and a communal bathroom.
Conferencing and workshops
Hobbiton has a large recreation hall, a conference room as well as several “break-away” rooms for workshops.
Our kitchens are fully equipped with all that you would need for catering, as well as all the cutlery and crockery. Toilet paper, dishwashing liquid and rubbish bags are your responsibility if you are pursuing the self-catering option.
Hobbiton can fulfil your catering requirements with one of three different priced menus. Special dietary needs can be catered for, but advanced warning of at least 5 days is needed. Full catering payment must be made 2 weeks in advance.
You can also opt for self catering and still make use of our catering facilities including cutlery and crockery.
If you would like to make a booking inquiry at this establishment,
- Send an email to Hobbiton, for more information.
- You can also contact the Centre administrator directly by phone
045 962 1193
Follow Hobbiton via Social Media
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.