Hogsback Open Gardens 5th-27th October 2019
Hogsback is well renowned for our beautiful gardens and in October we open our gardens to the public to raise well needed funds! An Open Garden Ticket cost R100 per adult and children under 16 years have free access accompanied by their parents.
How does it work?
- We meet at 9.30am at the Visitors Info Centre on the main road. Here you will receive your wrist band, map and meet your HGC guide.
- 10am-Midday: Guided tour through the gardens of Hurry & Mistlea.
- Midday-5pm: You may visit any of our other open gardens at your leisure: Grey Haven, Mirrors, Hidden Away, Little Timbers & Dunaverty.
- You will need to drive to each garden in your own vehicle. We advise car pooling for larger groups as parking in some gardens is very limited.
- Access to Hurry & Mistlea gardens is with an HGC guide ONLY.
- If you prefer to do your own tour of our gardens unaccompanied you are free to do so, but this will exclude the gardens mentioned above. Please note access times for the various gardens.
- Ensure you wear your wristbands – no wristband no entry.
- Carefully read the details of each garden on the list to ensure you plan your day and tours of our gardens appropriately. There is certain access info and details that must be noted.
Booking your tours & Buying your tickets
As we need to arrange a HGC guide for each day, please book with
Lizzie on 082 787 0927 or the Hogsback Info Centre 045 962 1245.
To pay for your ticket you have 2 options:
- Online payments at www.quicket.co.za (Search for Hogsback Open Gardens – R5 booking fee added)
- In person at the Visitors Info Centre on the day of your visit. (Main Rd Hogsback, Open 9am daily – cash only)
Please respect our beautiful village and all the properties that you visit. Any unauthorized removal of slips or plants is strictly prohibited.
All income from our garden tours is used to beautify and maintain the public areas of Hogsback. This includes the Arboretum, Village Green and road verges. The Gardeners who tend the listed gardens are also rewarded for their hard work by the Hogsback Garden Club, they are in invaluable part of our teams.
Thank you for choosing to visit our gardens this year, your support is truly appreciated.